Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Welcome to the Blog!

Welcome!  This blog has been an idea on my heart for a while and two different dreams helped to put it together.  Early in 2012, a dear friend, who was memorizing a new Bible verse every week for the year, asked me for help.  I offered to put her weekly verse on one of my pictures and create a background for her computer.  I stopped when I ran out of my own pictures to create from.  I just left them up on my Flickr account and I began to get messages telling me that these were such a blessing.  I wanted a single place where someone could find all of these desktop wallpapers.

I also have a heart for Christian art.  As a photographer and a musician, I understand how difficult it is to create art on an artist's income (read: nearly nothing).  I want to pay artists to feature their art on here.  If they get a little compensation, they can make more beautiful art and provide you, the reader with even more beautiful things to look at.  It's a win-win, really.  Eventually, I'll be setting up an Etsy store to sell our fine art in physical form (even more winning for everyone!)  as well as some other goodies.  Stay tuned for that!  That's phase two (right before the sharks with lasers on their heads... come to think of it, that may or may not be a different plan altogether).

No comments:

Post a Comment